Thursday, May 21, 2009

another trip to SC

The Tuesday after Mother's Day Jake and I flew down to Charleston, where we celebrated the holiday with my mother for the first time in about 10 years. That was really nice and special. I made her a book of baby photos of myself and Jacob, interspersed with reflections on becoming a mother- she really liked it. Being on Edisto Island is always nice and relaxing. This trip was a little different, because Andrew wasn't there to share baby-responsibilities, but my parents and sister were thrilled to have him all to themselves.

We took the little guy to the beach and we went swimming in the river behind our house... he seemed to like the salt water just as much as the pool! (bonus: He didn't have to wear a swim diaper!) I think the little shrimpies nibbled at him, because he got tired of swimming soon enough, but he loved splashing.

He also ate lots of different things- corn cobs seem to be a favorite (after we've eaten most of the corn). They're big enough for him to hold, but small enough he can fit them in his mouth and chew on them; since all the big kernels are gone, he can suck on all the small bits of corn left.

I didn't bring a camera down, but had the small video camera. Here's a cute video of him playing on the floor. We left him down there for a few minutes, and when I came back I saw that he had scooted himself over to the coffee table and pulled out all of the magazines and was chewing on them. So cute! Bonus: a good shot of him rolling from his tummy to his back!

No comments:

Post a Comment